Certainly yes, though the child may be weak in mathematics. All children in the age group of 4-14 years can learn abacus.
Introduction - What is ABACUS?
The abacus is the most ancient calculating device known. It consists of a wooden frame, rods, and beads. Each rod represents a different place value—ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, and so on. Each bead represents a number, usually 1 or 5, and can be moved along the rods. One can perform addition and subtraction easily by moving beads along the wires of the abacus. In short, it is a simple tool used for fast and accurate calculations. It helps develop right brain and overall intelligence. There are many other benefits, it helps improve,
- Mental calculation abilities & whole brain development
- Deep concentration level
- Long memory retention
- Logical ability
- Effective observation skill
- Listening skills& effective memory recall capacity
- Capacity to handle all kinds of challenges in the life
- Overall development of children
- Boosts better and faster calculation skills.
- Increases endurance for stress and pressure.
- Improves problem-solving abilities.
- Sharpens concentration and observance.
- Develops confidence and self-esteem.
- Heightens stronger mental visualization skills.
- Sharpens listening skills.
- Makes mathematics meaningful, useful and fun.
- Provides a solid learning foundation for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Increases memory power and sharpens overall mental formation
Best ABACUS Classes
As a parent, it is critical and challenging to find abacus classes for kids. This is where we suggest you to check these basic things,
- Check the teacher and his/her adequate experience
- Ask teacher to give a demo class for your child
- Ask teacher to give you some feedbacks from previous parents
- Check whether teacher is teaching independently or franchise of any company. It is always beneficial to join the teacher who is franchise of any reputed company
- Ask teacher about course structure, assignments, competition events
Are you searching for best Abacus classes for Kids?
There are various ways to teach maths calculations to the kids. Some may be fun and exciting, and some may be just boring. Abacus is a calculating instrument and best way to teach maths calculations to the children. It has multicolour beads, which makes kids learning thrilling and fun, while reinforcing concepts through the child’s sense of touch. With the use of an abacus, arithmetic is extremely simple to learn, although the main purpose of ABACUS is to improve focus and concentration of children.
Abacus helps improve the concentration of a learner, as it trains the mind to visualize calculations. Many parents ask for their kids “how to learn abacus at home”, the best way to learn abacus at home, is by enrolling them in a good online or offline abacus classes.
We provide best quality Abacus classes at affordable fees
We offer best abacus classes for kids. The future of kids lies in their early mental development. It becomes necessary for parents to encourage their kids to enrol for Abacus classes and enable them for their brain development at early age.
In Abacus classes, children will experience learning and training through abacus instrument. Additionally, children will be exposed to solve mental math problems quickly in fraction of seconds, which helps them become best listener and become careful observers.
There are many videos available in YouTube to understand how to learn ABACUS at home, however you need to buy an ABACUS instrument from the market, read lot of material available on Internet and refer to YouTube videos. Please remember, if you do not learn it correctly then it is more disastrous. Therefore, it is always recommended that kids should learn ABACUS from the certified teachers.
The best age to start learning ABACUS is 4 years. At Aristo Kids, there are two category of ABACUS programs, one is Young Star category and other is Junior category. The first one is designed specially for kids who start learning ABACUS at the age of 4 years.
There are many videos available in YouTube to understand how to use ABACUS, however you need to buy an ABACUS instrument from the market, read lot of material available on Internet and refer to YouTube videos. There is a caution here, if you do not understand the method correctly, it is likely that you teach kids wrongly which is disastrous. Therefore, always kids should learn ABACUS from the certified teachers.
- Abacus is a device which is also referred as counting frame, used to calculate all kinds of arithmetic calculations without the help of any pen, paper, calculator or even device itself. This mechanical device is used to assist a person in performing mathematical calculations and counting.
- It consists of a wooden frame, rods, and beads. Each rod represents a different place value—ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, and so on. Each bead represents a number, usually 1 or 5, and can be moved along the rods. We can easily perform addition and subtraction by moving beads along the wires of the abacus. Read More
Although Abacus is a calculating device, in modern times, it is used as a tool for Whole Brain Development. The fundamental of abacus is based on the usage of both hands that stimulates both, Left & Right hemispheres of brain and that ensures complete brain development.
There are many benefits of abacus if learnt at early age, like it improves focus, concentration, and many other skills. ABACUS is a complete 360-degree brain development program which kids can learn during their 4-14 years age.
Yes, the basic purpose of learning ABACUS is to increase IQ of the child. It is a wrong notion that it is meant for doing mathematical calculations faster. Yes, it helps kids to do the calculations mentally and fast, but the fundamental purpose of learning ABACUS is overall brain development of the child.
ABACUS is a memory improvement program for the kids, yes it very much improves the memory. There are many other benefits of learning ABACUS, as it is a complete 360-degree memory development program.
Anyone can join, however it is recommended for the kids who’s age is between 4 to 15 years.
It improves brain power in terms of memory power, concentration power and listening skills. It develops not only mathematical ability but also ability to learn other subjects faster.
It varies from company to company. Aristo Kids offers 10 levels for Abacus course, each level normally takes 3 months. Franchisee / training center conducts classes 2 hours a week to ensure completion of any homework and grasping of learnt concepts. The frequency and hours in a week may vary from franchise to franchise
Yes, parents need to only make sure that his/her child does practice and completes homework given by the teacher. Daily about 20 minutes of practice at home helps successful completion of course.
Yes, ABACUS training centers conduct exam on completion of every level and certificate is issued after successful performance in the exam. Additionally, companies conduct championship events at state, national and international level where kids can participate and get themselves recognized.
ABACUS fee structure is generally decided by the training center, and it depends on the area where you live and the competition in your particular area. You can always get in touch with any nearest training center and inquire about fee structure, syllabus, duration and various benefits. You can also ask for a demo session for yourself so that you are convinced about its benefits for your child.
Abacus & Vedic Maths are both skill development activities, but they are entirely different program. Abacus is a brain development program for the age group 5 to 14 years. Whereas, Vedic Mathematics is a collection of Techniques / Sutras to solve mathematical arithmetic in an easy and faster way.
We at Aristo Kids have do have both offline and online training facility available.
What is important is to apply learnt techniques in real life which will definitely happen through the lifetime.