Introduction - What is ABACUS?
The abacus is the most ancient calculating device known. It consists of a wooden frame, rods, and beads. Each rod represents a different place value—ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, and so on. Each bead represents a number, usually 1 or 5, and can be moved along the rods. Addition and subtraction can easily be performed by moving beads along the wires of the abacus.
In short it is a simple tool used for fast and accurate calculations. It helps develop right brain and overall intelligence. There are many other benefits, it helps improve,
- Mental calculation abilities & whole brain development
- Deep concentration level
- Long memory retention
- Logical ability
- Effective observation skill
- Listening skills& effective memory recall capacity
- Capacity to handle all kinds of challenges in the life
- Overall development of children
ABACUS Course Structure @ Aristo Kids
At the end of course child is expected to excel in learning maths in primary and high school. He/she will also be benefited from following other aspects,
- Boosts better and faster calculation skills.
- Increases endurance for stress and pressure.
- Improves problem-solving abilities.
- Sharpens concentration and observance.
- Develops confidence and self-esteem.
- Heightens stronger mental visualization skills.
- Sharpens listening skills.
- Makes mathematics meaningful, useful and fun.
- Provides a solid learning foundation for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Increases memory power and sharpens overall mental formation